🐷 Bak kuh teh (spare ribs “tea”) ☕
For this week’s soup Sunday we now have a well-liked Chinese language / Malaysian soup that is named a “tea” from all of the herbs in it that offers the dish its distinct aromatic and darker color. I often eat this with fried dough too however did not have any!
I shopped my mother’s dried items storage for the substances and he or she instructed me it’s simpler to simply seize a packet from the Asian grocery retailer as she does not have all of the substances 😂 it even got here with a sachet for the soup making it tremendous handy. The one issues I added myself had been the cinnamon sticks, garlic, dried mushroom, spare ribs, and tofu puffs 👌 you possibly can see the model we used within the substances picture!
What you will want:
2 packets bak kuh teh herbs
1 rack of pork riblets, lower into items
1 pack fried tofu puffs
2 heads garlic, complete, OR 16 cloves
12 computer dried shitake mushrooms
2 cinnamon sticks
2 pcs rock sugar
1 tsp white pepper
Dough sticks to serve, optionally available
1. Parboil pork ribs for five minutes then pressure. Wash your pot and rinse the scum off your ribs.
2. Deliver ~5L of water to a tough boil and add in your garlic, herb sachet, shitake mushroom, cinnamon sticks for 30 minutes.
3. Season with white pepper and rock sugar.
4. Add ribs and simmer for 1 hour.
5. You may add half tbsp of soy sauce if you would like or season with salt to style.
6. Add in tofu puffs for 10 to 15 minutes then serve.
If you wish to search for the dried items your self, I counsel you present as much as a dried items retailer, inform them you wish to make this, they usually can decide it out for you as I do not even know the English identify of something within the packet 😅