🍷🍗 C o q A u V i n🍗🍷
Braising issues in crimson wine is such a winter vibe… A number of weeks again we braised brief ribs and right here we go once more once more with hen thighs 😍 my one remorse was not getting some crusty bread to dip this sauce…
To pair, we had a bottle of the Dough Cabernet Sauvignon from California ($28 at LCBO). It was dry, clean and full bodied – for those who like Cali cabs you will like this one.
What you will want:
10 pores and skin on bone in hen thighs
1/Four cup diced pancetta
1 carrot, lower into chunks
1 pk cremini mushrooms sliced
1 onion sliced
6 garlic smashed
2 sprigs thyme
2 bay leaves
1 bottle dry crimson (I used a cab sauv)
2 cups hen broth
2 tbsp tomato paste
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 tsp brown sugar
2 tbsp butter kneaded with 2 tbsp flour
1. Over medium warmth, season hen with S&P then brown on each side for ~4mins per aspect and put aside (you might have to do in batches.
2. Take away all however 2-Three tbsp of hen fats then sweat onions for two minutes earlier than including in garlic for an additional 2mins.
3. Pour in 1 cup of wine and scrub out the brown bits with a picket spoon to launch the flavour.
4. Pour in remaining crimson wine and hen inventory and convey to a boil.
5. Add in tomato style, herbs, balsamic, carrots, brown sugar and return your hen to the pot and simmer on low for 40 minutes.
6. In a separate pan prepare dinner Pancetta ~4mins till it’s crispy then put aside.
7. Prepare dinner remaining mushroom within the pan and put aside.
8. Take away hen and add in little bits of your butter flour combination and prepare dinner till your required thickness.
9. Return every thing again into the pot as soon as you have acquired the specified consistency and serve.