🍲 Candy & bitter seafood soup
This soup was impressed by the Vietnamese bitter fish soup, canh chua. Why I say impressed is as a result of I am lacking a number of substances that may sometimes go on this dish 😂 normally this dish is made with elephant ear (which I changed with okra), rice paddy herbs, bean sprouts, and fish sauce (which I skipped all collectively).
The sourness from this soup comes from the tamarind which you’ll normally discover recent, powdered, or in paste kind at Asian supermarkets.
What you may want:
1 filet of agency white fish (I used yellow grouper)
6 shrimps (if you would like)
10 okra, sliced
2 tomatoes, reduce into wedges
half pineapple, reduce into wedges
Four cloves garlic, smashed
Handful of chopped dill
2 chilis (non-compulsory)
Tamarind paste, brown sugar, salt & pepper, to style
1. Stir fry the garlic and chili till aromatic after which add in hen inventory and produce to a boil.
2. Add pineapple and boil for 10 minutes.
3. Add in fish and shrimp and boil for an additional 5 minutes.
4. Add in tomatoes and okra and boil for an additional 10 minutes.
5. Add in chopped dill, tamarind paste, brown sugar, salt & pepper to style (I used about 2 tbsp of tamarind paste).
If you happen to’re including fish sauce / bean sprouts I might add it with step 5 and cut back the quantity of salt because the fish sauce provides saltiness.
I had mushrooms within the fridge that is been sitting there for awhile in order a fridge cleanup I added it in however it is not conventional or mandatory..