🌶️🥬Fermented bean curd x Morning glory🥬🌶️
Here is a suuuuper straightforward recipe in the present day for these of you who could have purchased fermented tofu simply to attempt the cha siu recipe 😅 should you by no means had this earlier than the style is tough to explain.. It’s product of tofu fermented in salt, rice, alcohol, chilies, and sesame oil (from the elements). The result’s an umami punch that’s salty, creamy, and spicy. You actually need to attempt it your self to expertise it 😅
⏰ 10 minute recipe ⏰
We used the “inexperienced” right here however there’s additionally a “white” type. Greater complete within the white type and I choose it over the inexperienced type however I simply purchase no matter is offered when it’s out there as it is not all the time in season. You need to use a-choy (Taiwanese lettuce) or romaine lettuce with this dish too.
What you will want:
1 bunch of morning glory, minimize into 4″ items, attempt to separate the stems + leaves
6 garlic, minced
Three chilies, chopped (deseeded in order for you much less spicy)
6 cubes fermented bean curd
1/Three cup water
half of tbsp sesame oil
1. Combine collectively water and fermented tofu, urgent to ‘dissolve’ it into the water fully. It ought to be barely thick.
2. Add 2 tbsp of impartial oil on medium-high warmth and when it’s sizzling, add within the morning glory stems for two minutes.
3. Add within the leaves, garlic, and chilies for one more 2 minutes.
4. Pour in your sesame oil, tossing to mix and pour within the fermented tofu sauce for one more 2 minutes.
5. Season with salt + pepper and serve!