🍣 Geoduck sashimi
Geoduck at winco was $33.99/lb.. I could not assist myself 😂 2 lbs was lots for two individuals so good factor we each love geoduck 👌
1. Blanch geoduck for 15 seconds and dunk into an ice bathtub to chill.
2. Peel off the pores and skin and discard.
3. Lower alongside the two shells to take away the meat.
4. Take away the bulb-like organ inside and discard.
5. Detach the siphon for sashimi and the top for stir fry (verify subsequent submit for recipe).
6. Break up the siphon down the center nearly right through and open up.
7. Slice thinly at an angle and serve with lemon juice or wasabi & soya sauce.
When shopping for geoduck be sure you are shopping for a dwell & recent geoduck that is labeled grade a / sashimi grade.. When you’re undecided then ask in case you can sashimi it! I’ve seen cheaper geoduck for about half the value and so they’re a bit gray though they’re alive and never agency to the contact.. A recent geoduck that you would be able to sashimi must be inflexible.