❄️ M E R R Y 🎄 C H R I S T M A S ❄️
🥣🥣Seafood chowdahhhhh 🥣🥣
Hope everyone seems to be wholesome & secure this yr and that it will be our final lockdown holidays 🤞 we had a small gathering with our associates and the unfold by no means ceases to impress.
itsmeceee with the killer prime rib, keg fashion twice baked potato, beans, eggplant dip and tomatoes with burrata 🥩🥔🍆🍅
corinnefaymui with the stuffed mushrooms 🍄
humblerootsorganic with the tumeric root vegetable pot pie 🥧
My contribution was a seafood chowder with puff pastry 🦐🦪🥓 servings under feeds a village so scale down 😂
What you may want:
6 slices bacon
Four ribs celery, diced
1 carrot, diced
1 onion, diced
6 garlic, minced
Four potatoes, peeled & cubed
Chopped parsley, handful
Three tbsp butter
1 tbsp thyme
1L rooster broth
1L half & half
1L clam juice
1 cup flour & 1 cup water blended
Seafood of your alternative – I went with child scallops, child shrimps, and chopped quahog clams
In case you’re doing the puff pastry topping, seize a pack of the frozen stuff and have 1 egg for eggwash.
1. Soften butter over medium warmth then sweat onions for a minute earlier than including celery and carrot for an additional Four minutes.
2. Add garlic and season with salt, pepper, and thyme for an additional 2 minutes.
3. Pour in clam juice, rooster broth and produce to a boil then add potatoes for 20-25 minutes over medium low.
4. Add flour slurry and produce again to a boil to thicken soup (add kind of flour based mostly on the thickness you need).
5. Toss in your seafood & parsley for an additional 5 minutes or so then add in half and half to heat.
6. In a separate pan, crisp bacon then crumble on high to serve.
7. Pour soup into oven secure bowls, cowl with puff pastry & egg wash then bake!
Bear in mind you’ll be able to pickup this thyme and different nice stuff just like the evoo from gaiafinefoods at 25% off with code MINNIE25 ()