🐙 Octopus ragu 🐙
Certainly one of my favorite pastas of all time remains to be Marea’s octopus and bone marrow fusilli in New York. Now I did not have bone marrow readily available.. Or fusilli.. However I believed I would attempt to flip this octopus right into a ragu utilizing comparable elements I would use in a meat ragu. The end result was unbelievable! We topped the pasta with a little bit of toasted bread crumbs and lemon zest too. You may want to do this one!
What you may want:
From the entire octopus we took Three tentacles and the pinnacle, chopped up. ~1kg
1 onion, diced
1 small carrot, diced
1 celery stalk, diced
Four garlic, minced
half of cup chopped cilantro
1/Four cup chopped basil
Few sprigs thyme
1 Bay leaf
Three tbsp tomato paste
1 can San marzano
half of cup pink wine
Pasta of your alternative (mine was cavatelli from famiglia_baldassarre)
Elective: toasted panko 1/Four cup + half of lemon zested
1. Sweat onions for two minutes earlier than including in celery and carrots for one more 2 minutes.
2. Stir in garlic for 30 seconds earlier than including in cooked octopus for Three minutes.
3. Combine in tomato paste, bay leaf, thyme and pink wine, cook dinner for two minutes. Season with salt + pepper.
4. Pour in San marzano and cilantro then cut back to a simmer for 45 minutes.
5. Mix cooked pasta and half of cup of pasta water for one more jiffy and serve with basil and panko!