🍜 Oxtail tofu soup with candy potato noodles
Nothing extra comforting than a pleasant scorching bowl of soupy noodles on a winter night time 🥰 besides perhaps scorching pot haha
The ox tail is simmered till it’s fall off the bone tender on this recipe and the soup is wealthy within the collagen from the bones too. It does require a little bit of prep work as it’s simpler to skim the fats in the event you put together it the night time earlier than.
What you may want:
1 oxtail, chopped up (ask your butcher)
5 garlic, peeled
6 slices ginger
Three stalks inexperienced onion, reduce into 3″ items
Candy potato noodles, pre-cooked based on package deal
1 pack silken tofu, cubed
Gochugaru to style (elective)
1. Soak the oxtails for at the very least an hour to attract out the blood, switching the water half method.
2. Parboil the oxtails over excessive warmth for a couple of minutes and drain and rinse.
3. Clear the pot and add the oxtails again and fill with water.
4. Add in garlic, ginger, and inexperienced onion. Deliver to a boil and cut back to a simmer for Four to five hours including in water if the degrees cut back an excessive amount of.
5. Add salt + white pepper to style.
6. Separate the oxtails and the soup.
7. Let the soup and oxtails calm down and refrigerate over night time.
8. The following day, take away the soup and skim all of the fats which has come to the highest.
9. Reheat the soup, add the oxtails again in, after which add tofu and cooked noodles.
10. Serve with gochugaru to style (elective).
Step 1 and a couple of are each to make sure that you would be able to cut back the quantity of scum and go away a cleaner broth. In the event you skip it you may be skimming for a very long time!