🍄 Porcini “cream” & mushrooms with pearl couscous [substitute butter to make this vegan!]
Let me begin by saying that that is 🚫NOT🚫 gluten free. So I requested my naturopath why I am allowed to have couscous and pearl couscous if I’ve a gluten intolerance? She let me know that the degrees of gluten are so low that it isn’t regarding if I’ve lower than half of cup. So I clearly didn’t ask her if she meant cooked / dry and assumed she meant dry 🤣
What you may want:
1 cup pearl couscous
half of cup dried porcini soaked in 1 3/Four cup sizzling water
Four gloves garlic, minced
1 shallot, minced
Four cremini mushrooms, minced
1/Four cup unsweetened oat milk (or any milk / cream of your selection)
1 tbsp clarified butter (or one other fats of your selection)
Chopped parsley garnish
1. Pressure out soaked porcini and chop, reserving 1 half of cup of the liquid. (there will likely be filth on the backside of the bowl, you do not need that, in case you have lower than 1 half of cup high up with water)
2. Soften the clarified butter over medium-low warmth and add in shallots for two minutes after which add in garlic for one more minute.
3. Add in couscous and stir till golden brown.
4. Add within the 1 half of cup porcini liquid and as soon as it boils, cut back to low warmth, cowl, and simmer 10 minutes.
5. Stir in minced mushrooms and chopped porcini for 1 minute.
6. Stir in oat milk for one more 2 minutes (provides a little bit of creaminess in lieu of heavy cream and parmesan).
7. End with parsley and high with mushrooms of your selection! (I air fried a maitake mushroom for 10 minutes at 350F).
If it weren’t for this weight loss plan I strongly advocate utilizing heavy cream and including in parmesan… And topping with extra parmesan 😂🧀