🐠 Steamed fish with soy sauce, ginger, and scallion
Fish, just like the hen, is served entire for Chinese language new years. It symbolizes prosperity and abundances for the upcoming 12 months.
I can not recover from the attractive texture of this agency white fish (Aka-kasaga / crimson scorpion fish) from starlobsterseafoodmarket. The meat was so candy and contemporary ❤️ this may additionally work nicely as a sashimi, served sliced for decent pot, and even maintain up in a stir fry! It type of regarded like Iron Man after it was cooked 😂
If you do not have entry to this fish, this recipe would work nice with one other stay/contemporary white fish you could get your fingers on (bass is a well-liked alternative).
What you will want:
1 fish, scaled & gutted (~2.5lbs, regulate cooking time for smaller / bigger fish)
1/Four cup lkkusa soy sauce for seafood
1/Three cup flavour impartial oil
1. Add a layer of ginger and scallion on the plate that you’re going to steam your fish on.
2. For a bigger fish, you possibly can butterfly the fish and lay it flat for simpler cooking. In any other case, simply lay it on its facet and stuff the cavity with ginger slices and scallions.
2. Steam for ~15minutes (regulate the timing based mostly on dimension of your fish.. 1.5lb fish I usually steam for 12minutes).
3. When cooked, add soy sauce for seafood to the dish ensuring to pour across the fish and never on the fish.
4. Layer on julienned scallion.
5. In a small pan, warmth up your oil till it’s scorching sizzling, add julienned ginger and fry till aromatic, then pour the new oil over the fish.