(XO sauce seafood & glass noodles in clay pot)
I like to make use of numerous glass noodles.. I simply love the feel 😂 funds for 1 dried noodle bunch per particular person should you love these noodles as a lot as me.
If you do not have XO sauce, you’ll be able to substitute for chili oil or skip all collectively, it’s going to nonetheless style good! Work with no matter you could have in your pantry. For instance, my recipe requires shallots which is what I usually use however I solely had purple onions as we speak so I substituted that 😅
What you will want:
Recent seafood of your alternative
1 shallot, quartered
Four slices ginger
Three garlic, peeled and smashed
2 inexperienced onion, minimize into 3″ items
2 glass noodles, soaked 10minutes in sizzling water
1 cup rooster inventory
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp tamari / decreased sodium soy sauce
1 tbsp darkish soy sauce
2 tbsp XO sauce
1. Warmth up some impartial oil in your wok and stir fry your aromatics on this order: shallot, ginger, garlic, chili, inexperienced onion.
2. Add in your seafood and season with salt & white pepper. Stir till cooked.
3. Take away seafood and put aside.
4. Add in rooster inventory, oyster sauce, tamari, darkish soy sauce and convey to a boil.
5. Add in glass noodles and cook dinner slightly below your required texture (~5mins).
6. Reintroduce the seafood to mix.
7. Stir in XO sauce and it is able to serve.
I did not use boiling water to soak my noodles simply faucet water turned to the most well liked setting. I like my noodles al dente so I’m cautious to not overcook with the soaking course of.
When it comes to seafood, select one thing agency so it’d maintain up like shrimps, scallops, squid, perhaps clams? I have never tried this with fish. P.S. I at all times use frozen seafood on this dish 🤷 comfort given I solely grocery store as soon as per week.